the Bottom 10
1. North Texas 0-4 "If I Should Fall Behind": If? The Mean Green are No. 119 in scoring defense, allowing 54.8 points per game. North Texas falls behind early -- and stays there.
2. Idaho 1-4 "Badlands": While Badlands National Park in South Dakota might be more famous, the defense played by the Vandals can be just as desolate. Idaho is giving up 47 points a game.
3. Army 0-4 "Lonesome Day": The Black Knights of the Hudson almost pulled one out in Aggieland. But another loss means they have their Bottom 10 brethren to keep them company.
4. Virginia 1-3 "Downbound Train": The Cavaliers are headed down because their offense isn't headed anywhere. Virginia ranks No. 119 in scoring offense, averaging 9 points per game.
5. Clemson 3-2 "Dancing in the Dark": If the Tigers keep bumbling around, Howard's rock might actually split. After all the early hype, we're already close to turning out the lights on the Tigers' season.
6. Washington State 1-4 "Countin' on a Miracle": That's about all the Cougars can hope for. Washington State has been outscored 129-17 in its two Pac-10 games. It does play Washington on Nov. 22!
7. Washington 0-4 "Waitin' on a Sunny Day": The Huskies might have to wait a long time, especially since QB Jake Locker is out. They do play Washington State on Nov. 22! Pillow fight of the year?
8. Eastern Michigan 1-4 "Pink Cadillac": Michigan's known for cars, but the crew in Ypsilanti is driving a model that stands out. The Eagles are 0-2 and parked in the MAC West basement.
9. Syracuse 1-4 "Darkness on the Edge of Town": The Orange are 2-20 in Big East games under Greg Robinson. Could the darkness be moving vans rolling toward Syracuse?
10. UCF 1-3 "Lucky Town": Sure, the Knights are 1-3. Sure, they lost 58-3 at former Bottom 10 member UTEP. How are the Knights lucky? Well, they are only 37 miles from Disney World.