Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Who Do You Believe? Roger Clemons or Brian McNamee


Wow! I watched the entire hearing on ESPN and still have no idea who is lying more Roger Clemons or Brian McNamee. At times, I thought Roger was looking good, innocent, and felt sorry for him, then I thought he was obviously covering his own butt. Especially the nanny situation. Yes, he did help them out by finding her, but anyone can figure out why he wanted to get to her first. He wanted to see what she was going to say. That still doesn't sit too well with me right now and I love Clemons. I don't want his image to become tainted.
McNamee on the other hand is lying through his teeth, but I don't think he was made to lie about Clemons or anyone else. His statements about Clemons seem to be true and he has no problem telling them. It seems he was lying at first to protect Clemons, then Roger went public with a tape of a phone conversation and that pissed McNamee off, so he decided to cooperate with federal officials. By lying through his teeth, I mean that he is just a plain liar. His history proves that he is a liar.
Now, if this would go to court, there is no way that McNamee would be a crediable witness. Clemons would not be found guilty by a jury of his peers. I think Clemons struggled to wheezle his way out of early questions and looked bad doing it. He even threw his wife under the bus for using HGH. Later in the day he seemed to change his story about whether or not he was at Canseco's house, not the party, but his house.
The big key in this whole trial was Andy Pettite's statement that Roger Clemons did talk to him about using HGH. His wife also left a statement about Clemons talking about HGH. The only problem with this is that he was not at today's hearing. He is considered a very honest man, but he was given a pass and did not have to show up today and physically shove the knife in Clemon's back. Notice, I said knife, not needle.
Now, it will be up to us, the public. What do we believe? I think that he has used it before, but I still think he is the best pitcher ever in MLB. I would still place him in the Hall of Fame on the first ballot. Somewhere, Barry Bonds is sitting around with a tremendous smile on his face.
read more about today's hearing click here
the entire Mitchell Report click here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, it's spelled "LIAR"

just BS said...

thanks man, but u can leave your name, not anonymous, dude!