Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Good Call, Bad Call!

Last night was full of very close games. Two were decided by referees whistles. The first involved the Georgetown, Villinova game. The game was tied and Nova missed a shot, Georgetown got the rebound and began to dribble down the sidelines when the player was bumped and a foul was called with 0.1 seconds remaining. The Hoya player went on to make both shots and win the game. Why? The player was 75 feet away from the basket and he was nudged, not even hard enough to knock him out of bounds. The game was at Georgetown! maybe some homecooking? I say BAD CALL .
The second came during the Tennessee, Rutgers women's basketball game. Tennessee was trailing by one point with seconds remaining and missed the shot, a Lady Vol got the rebound, missed it and another Lady Vol grabbed it and was Horsecollard to the ground. Time seemed to have run out, but the shot clock had 0.2 on it. The Tennessee player knocked down two foul shots and that was it for the Scarlet Knights. By the way, the game was played on Summet Court. Homecooking? I say GOOD CALL!
How about Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy calling out his franchise player (Dewight Howard) through the media? This could get ugly. We'll see what kind of person Howard is now. He has every right to be upset at how Van Gundy handled this situation, but he could shut every one up by playing even better and doing what his coached said he was not doing. Or he could pout like a spoiled NBA player and want a trade. I have a feeling he will come out of this situation a better player. Stan Van Gundy might be correct about Howard's play, but I think he should of pulled his star aside and had a chat, not through the media. By the way, is he Harry Reems twin? I say BAD CALL!
Bobby Knight wearing an officials jersey on Jay Leno. I thought it was typical Bob Knight trying to be funny and show a different side of himself. He is known for giving the officials a hard time, so I thought it was funny. He is a great person and people are still going to knit-pick everything he does. I say GOOD CALL!
Larry Hughes scoring 40 points last night. I have to believe that the old saying about even the sun shines on a dogs ass every now and then rings true with Hughes scoring 40. I wish I am wrong, but as an avid Cavs fan, I can't get my hopes up. The only thing I can think that could happen positively from this for Cavs fans is that Hughes continues to play well so his trade value goes up. I say BAD CALL!
Johan Santana being signed by the Mets for mega millions. Some would say this is good news for the Indians because he moves to the National League. Look at his record versus the Indians anyways, it wasn't good at all. As a true Cleveland Indian fan I think it is devistating because now we will never be able to sign C.C. Sabathia. C.C. will definately want Santana type money in order to re-sign him and all of us Indian fans know that Cleveland wont offer near that much to keep him. I say BAD CALL!

No comments: