Just BS Headline Animator

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bubba Watson buys ‘The Dukes of Hazzard’ car - Trey Griffey commits to Arizona - With spread on the way, Buckeyes FB to transfer


Bubba Watson buys ‘The Dukes of Hazzard’ car


You know, there are a lot of "can you believe that?"s in sports, but the idea of a man named Bubba buying the iconic car from the most Southern TV series in history isn't exactly a shocker, you know?
Presenting Bubba Watson and his new car:
Watson was at the famed Barrett-Jackson automobile auction this past weekend, and picked up that gem there, which he called his "dream car," for $110,000. Now, there were plenty of General Lees, but the one there was special; called "Lee 1," it's the one that jumped the police car in "The Dukes of Hazzard" TV series' opening credits. It was totaled in the jump, but restoration brought it back to life over the course of 16 months. Autoblog calls the final price "seemingly paltry," which is really more a matter of perspective than anything else.



Trey Griffey commits to Arizona

Trey Griffey, the son of Major League Baseball legend Ken Griffey Jr., accepted a scholarship offer to play football at Arizona on Monday. Trey Griffey, who is 6-foot-2 and 190 pounds, selected the Wildcats over scholarship offers from Iowa State, Michigan State, Washington State and other smaller schools.
Griffey, a senior at Orlando Dr. Phillips High School, is ranked by ESPN as the No. 145 player in the state of Florida and the No. 96 receiver in the nation. Griffey saw his stock rise considerably after impressing at the recent Under Armour All-America Game.
While he played baseball when he was younger, Griffey gravitated toward football, where he could make his own mark. He quit baseball six years ago, and it allowed him to reach his dream of playing Division I football.
"Baseball will always be in my genes," Griffey said earlier. "I'll always know a lot about it because of my father and grandfather. But I don't really have the love for it that I do for football."



With spread on the way, Buckeyes FB to transfer

A week after a pair of defensive backs were “released from their scholarships“, a player from the other side of the ball has decided to take his leave from the Ohio State football program.
Fullback David Durham confirmed to the Columbus Dispatch Sunday night that he has decided to transfer from the Buckeyes. Durham, who moved from the defensive line to the backfield last year, said the type of offense being installed by new head coach Urban Meyer was the overriding factor in his decision.
“I have really taken to playing the fullback position over the last year,” Durham told the paper. “Unfortunately, I will not have a significant opportunity to do this in coach Meyer’s spread offense.
“I love the Ohio State University and all of my teammates and coaches, and I really appreciate all of their support through this process. It will be tough to leave such a special place. I am exploring different options right now for my future.”
There’s no word yet on where Durham may continue his collegiate career. The Charlotte native was a member of OSU’s 2010 recruiting class.

No comments: