Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Winner and Still Champ, Kelly "the ghost" Pavlik


All I can say is wow! This was a tremendous fight. I am just so glad that Pavlik won by a unanimous decision. I thought it could go either way, but Pavlik controlled the fight from start to finish. Was worth the money to watch. Youngstown, Ohio baby!! Ohio!!!
This was the first time in Pavlik's last 10 fights that he did not knock his opponent out. He threw a lot more punches this time and also landed more jabs. Kelly threw 846 punches to Taylor's 456. The only time either one came close to a knockout was when Pavlik drilled Taylor in the 11th, but Taylor hung on to Pavlik until the round ended.
Kelly Pavlik goes to 33-0 with 29 knockouts and Jermain Taylor falls to 27-2.
What is next for Jermain Taylor? I know he says he wants to pursue super middleweight. I would say retirement. What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is still too early for Taylor to retire. He should try first going up the scale, test himself in that division, and then that's the time he can decide whether or not he'll retire.

I haven't not seen the fight yet. But I am glad the Ghost won.

http://pinoysportsblogger.blogspot.com